It’s Bingo Season – Our Competition Winner!
Recently, we launched a competition asking people to nominate a friend who deserves to experience that exhilarating, winning feeling. We’ve watched the bingo community grow and grow, and with friendships constantly flourishing, we thought it was about time we gave something back to those who make our online space so special.
Nominations came flooding in from all over the country. People were chosen for their great achievements and for selfless acts that deserve to be acknowledged. Entrants also named friends who have been going through a difficult time and could benefit from winning a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Our winner, Kerry from Biggleswade, was nominated by friend Rachel. We hope Kerry’s £200 Red Letter Day voucher can put a smile on her face after a challenging few years.
Rachel nominated her friend after a series of events took their toll. Kerry lost her confidence after being shaken by a terrible ordeal, broke her wrist just before Christmas, cared for poorly family members and sadly lost a friend. With Kerry soon celebrating her 40th birthday, Rachel hopes they can spend it together doing something her friend will love, whether that’s relaxing in a spa, bungee jumping, sky diving, or exploring the clouds in a hot air balloon.
All of us at WhichBingo hope Kerry and Rachel enjoy a fantastic day together, whatever they choose to do!
We were overwhelmed with the response our competition received. We read through over 100 entries, all of which featured tales of bravery and determination. Every entrant and their nominee deserves to feel proud, and it was certainly a hard choice deciding on a single winner.
Here’s our list of fantastic runners-up:
- Kathleen from Glasgow was nominated by her boyfriend Martin for being simply amazing, volunteering to help people start a fresh and all whilst being mum to two children
- Dawn from Sutton was nominated by her friend Rosalind for her fantastic fundraising and dedication to helping children with special needs in her local area.
- Win was nominated by her sister Marina from Preston thanks to her tireless efforts to raise money and awareness for Prostate Cancer charities – even training to be a Phlebotomist in the process to help take blood samples!
- Chris from Stafford was nominated by his wife Kristy for being a huge source of support through tough times and being a fantastic mentor to their 2 children.
- Jess from South Hetton nominated her Mum after being a great inspiration to her and because she supported Jess through her health troubles, despite tough personal hardships of her own.
- Sharon from Kirkintilloch was nominated by fiancé John who told us she has been an inspirational mother to their children despite having a tough time with illness
- Siobhan nominated her Mum from Cardiff for the chance of a lucky break after their holiday last year turned into a disaster involving terrible weather, theft and a bad insect bite!
- Jess was nominated by her Mum Jocelynne from Durham for her unwavering strength and resolve despite dealing with a medical condition that means she deals with severe pain all the time.
- Sarah from Bradford was nominated by her Mum Valerie as despite a tough year battling life-threatening illness, Sarah still took the time to plan her wedding and has tried to help those that may be in a similar situation.
The WhichBingo team would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that entered. We hope you all choose to do something special and take the time to celebrate your inspirational nominees.
Competition details – NOW CLOSED
Bingo Season competition – NOW CLOSED
Details of our exciting 2016 Official Bingo Season competition where you could win a £200 Red Letter Days voucher for you and a friend.
WhichBingo Bingo Season Competition Terms and Conditions
1) These terms and conditions apply to the WhichBingo Bingo Season competition (“the competition”) run by WhichBingo (“the company”), and by entering themselves into the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and agree to be bound by them. Those who do not agree will not be entered into the competition.
2) The objective of the competition is for entrants to nominate an individual they know, describing why they deserve to win a once in a lifetime experience, to the WishPond app by Friday 6th January at 11.59pm.
3) The company: WhichBingo Ltd, 5 Devonshire House, Devonshire Ave, Leeds LS8 1AY
4) The entrant must confirm their participation in the competition by Friday 6th January at 11.59pm, along with confirmation of their contact details. Nominations must be uploaded to the competition’s Wishpond portal by Friday 6th January at 11.59pm (“the closing date”). The winner will be contacted on Friday 6th January at 11.59pm via the email address used to confirm their application.
5) This competition is open only to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over. Employees of the company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition or its operation are not allowed to apply.
6) All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant abides by these rules. The decision of the company is final, and no correspondence will be entered into after the decision. Submission of an entry will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Any requests for additional information should be sent to email@example.com.
7) To enter, you must:
- i) Upload your nomination entry and provide contact details, via the competition’s Wishpond portal by Friday 6th January at 11.59pm.
The winning entries will be determined by the company, and the winning entrant will be contacted on Friday 6th January at 11.59pm via the email address used to confirm their application.
The final decision is binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The company reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify anyone who submits an entry that is in breach of the rules, or those that do not comply with content restrictions (defined below).
8) CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants must not include any of the following content in any entry:
- i) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material;
- ii) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities;
iii) content which infringes intellectual property rights or laws;
- iv) content which is defamatory or maliciously false;
- v) content which brings or is likely to bring the company, its website or WhichBingo into disrepute;
- vi) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis;
vii) content owned by any party other than the entrant or the company (e.g. recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.);
viii) material that is unlawful, or which may constitute a criminal offence including (without limitation) the Communications Act 2003, Malicious Communications Act 1988 or any other legislation in force during the competition.
Any entry which does not comply with these content restrictions, in the sole discretion of the company, will be disqualified from the competition.
9) By entering the competition and submitting an entry, every entrant:
(a) confirms that his/her entry is an original copyright work (as defined by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) and that he/she owns all right, title and interest in the entry or has all necessary rights and authorisations to submit it and the express permission of all individuals, content and materials embodied or featured in the entry to submit it for possible use as provided for in these terms (and will procure that any individual featured will enter into an appropriate image release where necessary);
(c) grants to the company the perpetual and unlimited right and license to use, license, edit, modify, duplicate and/or create derivative works from the winning entries throughout the world and in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, the right for the promoter to publish, display, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use the entry via the internet or any other interactive media, on television, in print and/or any other media currently existing and hereafter developed and without limitation and without further payment or compensation to the entrant following the delivery of the prize, or his/her heirs and successors,
(i) on its own or as part of any audio-visual or other production;
(ii) to advertise any of WhichBingo‘s products;
(iii) for any other purpose whatsoever.
(d) Any works showcased on the site as winners will nonetheless be credited to those who submit them, highlighting their ability to produce winning entries or any that will be shortlisted in a “runners-up” collection, the size of which is at the company’s discretion.
10) Entrants agree that the company will be entitled to edit entries as it deems fit in accordance with current advertising regulations and will not be obliged to make any use of any part or all of a entry.
11) Entrants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required in order to create and/or submit any entry.
12) All entries must be received by the closing date.
13) Only one entry per person. No purchase necessary. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
14) The prize consists of one Red Letter Days voucher for the value of £200.
15) The company reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. The winners are fully responsible for any and all applicable taxes in respect of the prize (including, where appropriate, import duty). All costs and expenses associated with receipt of the prize and any use not specified in these Terms and Conditions as being provided including, but not limited to, any and all expenses incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
16) By entering into the competition, the winners agree to participate in publicity following the competition, should it be required. This may include use of their name and image in online and offline publicity, communications, and in any other media worldwide without any fee being paid.
17) For the names of the winners, please send an SAE to Epiphany Solutions, WhichBingo Bingo Season Competition, The Small Mill, Chadwick Street, Leeds, LS10 1LJ within four weeks of the closing date.
18) Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the company and accordingly the company may at its absolute discretion vary, amend or cancel the competition without notice (in particular if it or the website on which the competition is operated is affected by any denial-of-service attacks, viruses, hacking or any other technologically-harmful material or act) and the entrant agrees that no liability will attach to the company as a result thereof.
19) To the extent permitted by law, the company and its agents and representatives hereby expressly exclude any liability whether in contract, tort, criminal law, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, injury or disappointment (including without limitation any pure economic loss) suffered or incurred by any entrant, winner or any third party whether foreseeable or not in connection with:
(a) any act or omission of the company in developing, planning and administering the competition;
(b) any entry or attempted entry into the competition.
20) The company will not be liable for any inability of any person to enter the competition because of any unavailability of such page, failures in computer systems or networks, other malfunctions, or for any other reason.
21) The company will not be liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to this competition.
22) All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law are expressly excluded from these Terms.
23) Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit the company’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
24) Entrants agree that by entering the competition their personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the company for the purposes of administering the competition and for the marketing and sending of other special offers where you have consented to receive the same.
25) If you have a comment, query or complaint about these terms or the promotion, please contact WhichBingo Bingo Season Competition, WhichBingo Ltd, 5 Devonshire House, Devonshire Ave, Leeds LS8 1AY
26) The company may refuse to provide the prize in the event that an entrant fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements under these terms in clauses 5 and 7 above, or has committed or is alleged to have committed any act of fraud or dishonesty, or is in breach of any of these terms.
27) In the event of any dispute regarding these terms, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of the company will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
28) If any provision of these terms (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other competent authority to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in force. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision will apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the parties.
29) No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law or any abandonment of any such right or remedy will constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor will it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy will preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
30) These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them will be governed and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or matter of difference which may arise out of or in connection with these terms.