Money Train 2 Slot Review
This award winning sequel from Relax Gaming is, like the original game, set in the Wild West and has proven to be one of the most successful games this emerging studio has produced. Featuring strong characters in an imaginative setting, this is the sort of slot that appeals to players who like gameplay that goes beyond the conventional, and who enjoy the more elaborate types of bonus feature.
With a maximum payout of 50,000x total bet, this is a high volatility slot that includes Relax Gaming’s popular Buy Feature, which enables you to pay for access to the potentially lucrative bonus round. There is also a good range of coin and wager sizes, which makes the game accessible to all.
You can head back in time to the old west and try out this smash hit game for yourself at one of our featured UK slot sites.
How to Play
Money Train 2 is a 5 reel 4 row video slot where 40 paylines are automatically in play on every spin. Wins pay left to right and are multiples of the total bet, with coins that range in size from £0.01 to £0.50. This means the minimum bet is £0.40 and there is a maximum wager of £20.
- Skull symbol is wild and substitutes for all other symbols, except the Bonus symbol
- Hitting 5x Wild symbols = 20x total bet (up to £400)
- Bonus symbol is the scatter
- Hitting 3x, 4x or 5x Bonus symbols anywhere on the reels triggers the Money Cart Bonus Round free spin feature
- Hitting 2x Bonus symbols triggers the re-spin feature
- When the re-spin feature is activated, each Bonus symbol reveals a multiplier. These are added together and re-spins continue until a winning combination is hit. Every non-winning spin increases the multiplier 1x, and when a win is hit the total multiplier is applied.
- Hitting 5x Necromancer (red) symbols = 20x total bet (up to £400)
- Hitting 5x Collector (orange) symbols = 10x total bet (up to £200)
- Hitting 5x Sniper (green) symbols = 9x total bet (up to £180)
- Hitting 5x Payer (blue) symbols = 8x total bet (up to £160)
The maximum jackpot payout on Money Train 2 is 50,000x total bet (£1,000,000 when betting the max). This is a high volatility slot with a 96.40% RTP, which increases to 98% when the Buy Feature is activated.
Money Cart Bonus Round
The Money Cart Bonus Round is triggered by hitting 3x, 4x or 5x Bonus symbols anywhere on the reels (you can also access the bonus via the Buy Feature). Persistent (gold) symbols can substitute for the Bonus symbol in order to trigger the free spins feature.
When the bonus round is activated, the Bonus symbols that triggered it each reveal a multiplier and 3 spins are automatically awarded. The feature is then played on a separate set of reels, with its own symbols. Each time you hit a symbol on any reel, the number of free spins is re-set to 3.
All symbols are sticky and remain in place for subsequent spins. When a reel becomes filled with symbols, an additional reel is added, up to a maximum of 7 reels in total.
When all spins have been used, the bonus ends. If all additional reels have been revealed and all positions filled, the bonus ends with a payout of 500x the original bet.
- Bonus symbol = multiplier 1x to 10x bet
- Golden Bonus symbol = multiplier 20x to 200x bet
- Payer symbol = reveals a multiplier which is then added to all other multipliers
- Collector symbol = reveals a multiplier and collects all other multipliers, adding them to its own
- Collector/Payer symbol = reveals a multiplier and collects all other multipliers, adding them to its own, then adds this updated value to all other multipliers
- Sniper symbol = reveals a multiplier and then doubles the value of 3 to 8 other bonus symbols
- Necromancer symbol = reveals a multiplier and brings back to life between 2 and 7 non persistent special bonus symbols (Payer, Collector, Collector/Payer, Sniper)
- Reset Plus symbol = reveals a multiplier and increases the starting value of the remaining spins by 1
- Persistent Payer symbol = reveals a multiplier and adds it to all other visible symbols on the reels for that and any remaining spins
- Persistent Sniper symbol = reveals a multiplier and doubles the value 3 to 8 other symbols for that and any remaining spins
- Persistent Collector symbol = reveals a multiplier and collects all other multipliers, adding them to its own for that and any remaining spins
You can gain access to the Money Cart Bonus Round at any time for the price displayed.
Graphics and Sounds
This is a visually stunning game that exemplifies the high production values of Relax Gaming slots. Set in world where Steampunk means the American west, the game has strong outlaw characters all brought to life through some stylish artwork and lively animations. Each symbol spins individually rather than as part of a reel, and this enhances the look as well as the gameplay. There is a classic western soundtrack throughout, which adds a suitably ominous tone.
The Money Cart Bonus Round takes place on a separate set of reels that has its own symbols and different versions of the characters, and this adds to the visual variety of the game.
It’s no surprise that Money Train 2 has been so well received by both players and the industry alike, as it is a great example of the best in contemporary slot game design. This is a high volatility game with complex gameplay and bonus features that offers potentially huge payouts during the free spins bonus round.
Money Train 2 typifies the Relax Gaming ethos, in that it takes familiar slot game features and adds a new element to them to increase players’ enjoyment and engagement. The visuals are also high class with dark overtones, complex characters and music that helps to create a suitably ominous, dangerous atmosphere.
Check out for yourself why Money Train 2 has been so lauded since its release in September 2020 at one of our featured UK online casinos.
Mark Angus is a professional writer and editor currently based in Adelaide and London. Mark writes on a variety of sports betting and gaming topics, most notably football and cricket (he has been a season ticket holder at Fulham for far too many years), as well as horse racing, in particular jumps racing. In addition, Mark produces website content, blogs and articles for a variety of publications, organisations and businesses, and has extensive experience in writing for all forms of online, print and broadcast media.