Using Pay By Phone Bill at Online Bingo and Casino Sites
If you are on any of the four major UK mobile phone networks — EE, O2,Vodafone or Three — you will be able to play at pay with phone bill casinos via the Payforit platform. Payforit is a joint enterprise between the four major UK carriers set up to facilitate mobile payments, rather than a stand-alone company, and so a separate app or account is not required.
Another alternative that is available at selected casino sites is the option to call customer services and make a payment using a debit card directly over the phone. This means that you can play at a pay with phone casino without the need to set up any additional accounts, or store your personal banking details with a third party. Not all sites offer pay by phone bingo or slots, but there are enough out there that you will be able to find a quality place to play if this is your preferred payment method.
Check out some of the best-known and most popular UK pay by phone bill bingo sites and online casinos that our WhichBingo experts have played at
The advantages and disadvantages of using Pay By Phone
All you need is your mobile phone— You only need a mobile account with one of the four major mobile carriers to play at a pay by phone casino not Boku. There is no need to set up a separate account as you are required to do when you use PayPal or an e-wallet like Skrill or Neteller, and there is no app to download and install on your phone or tablet.
- Straightforward to use — It’s quick and straightforward to add funds to your account at a pay by phone mobile casino. You go through the banking or cashier pages as you would with any other payment method, and your funds are instantly credited and available to play with instantly. Any funds added are accessible whatever device you play on, not just your mobile phone.
- No third party fees — Your mobile phone network will not charge you an additional fee when you make a deposit at a pay by mobile phone bill casino; the amount debited will be the same as the amount you deposit. However, you should note that some casino operators may impose a fee for using pay by phone as a payment method, so it’s worth the time to check the T&Cs in advance to see if this is the case.
- Secure payment method — As the charges are applied to your phone bill, rather than being added to your debit card or debited from your bank account by the casino, there is one less place where this vital information is being stored online. This means greater levels of security when you play pay by phone bill bingo and slots, as you are not giving your personal financial information to another third party.
- Simply call the casino and you’re done — At a pay by phone slots site, you can still do things the old fashioned way i.e., you simply call the customer support team and give them your debit details over the phone and they do the rest. Many players still find this to be the most convenient and hassle-free way of funding their online casino accounts.
- Deposit limits — If you play regularly, or you like to have a sizeable bankroll behind you, one of the drawbacks to an account at a casino you can pay by phone bill is that the amount you can deposit will be limited. In most instances, the maximum single transaction is £10, while the daily limit is £30. For occasional players, this won’t be too much of an issue, but for those who play regularly this can be quite restricting.
- No withdrawals available — Although making deposits at a pay by phone bill casino is easy, a significant drawback is that you can’t make withdrawals using this method. This means that you still need to set up an alternative payment method on your casino or bingo account that is capable of receiving payments. An e-wallet or PayPal are the most popular ways of doing this, as they offer faster withdrawal times and you benefit from the additional layers of security they can provide.
Banking with Pay By Phone
It is generally quick and simple to bank at a pay with phone bill casino, although it might not necessarily be the right option for you. Below we look at some of the features on offer to help you determine whether a pay by phone bill casino online is the right payment method for you.
Deposit and withdrawal times
When you make a deposit using your mobile phone at a pay by phone bingo or casino site, the funds are credited to your account instantly and so you can begin playing straight away. However, as noted above, there is no withdrawal option so you need to ensure that you also set up an alternative payment method. PayPal, and e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller, offer the fastest withdrawal times so we would always recommend one of these.
Ease of opening an account
One of the biggest advantages when you play at a pay by mobile phone bingo site is that you don’t have to set up a separate account to facilitate payments. Provided you have a mobile phone account with either EE, O2, Vodafone or Three, and the site you play at accepts pay by phone payments, this is all you require.
There are no fees charged either by Payforit or your mobile phone carrier for making deposits at an online bingo pay by phone bill site. Your deposit amount appears on your next phone bill, or is deducted from your pre-pay balance, with no extra charges attached.
However, it needs to be noted that some casino and bingo sites will themselves charge a fee when you pay by phone. If this is the case, it will generally be in the region of 2.5%, but you should carefully read the T&Cs in advance to confirm whether a fee is to be charged.
Our final thoughts on Pay By Phone
There are many positives to using Payforit to playing at pay with phone bill bingo and casino sites. Most notably, you have extra levels of security and protection for your financial information, as you don’t have to share debit card details with either the casino or a third party provider. Likewise, it is a highly convenient payment method, as there is no separate app to download and install on your phone, nor is there an additional account to set up and manage.
At the same time, there are some significant drawbacks to using pay by phone as a payment method. Importantly, you can’t make withdrawals from your casino account in this way, which means that you need to find a convenient alternative when you want to cash out funds. The daily deposit limits are also likely to be a problem for more regular players, while the fees that some casinos and bingo sites charge for using pay by phone will also be a negative in many players’ eyes.
For the occasional player, we think that pay by phone bill (or pay by phone) is an effective and convenient payment method, while at the same time acknowledging that it does have limitations, especially for those who play frequently, and so those players might be better off seeking an alternative.