Gerard’s Gambit Slot Review
Gerard’s Gambit is a spin-off slot game from Play‘n GO’s huge hit series of Rich Wilde slots.
This game features between three and five reels and up to 10 paylines. Players will join Gerard as he journeys across the world looking for treasures. The highlight of this game is the levels that you can work your way through to expand the reels, increase the paylines and unlock more bonus features including wilds, multiplier, respins, sticky wilds, free spins and more. The maximum win available in this slot game is 3,000x your stake.
If you think this could be the slot game for you, carry on reading our Gerard’s Gambit review for all the information you need to know about this game.
How to Play
Once your bet is set, hit the green arrow spin button to send the reels tumbling. Bets per spin can range from just 5p up to £100. Winning combinations are formed by landing three or more matching symbols on a payline and this must start from reel one.
Gerard’s Gambit can appear confusing at first to play but it is easy once you get the hang of it. The game uses different levels that you will play on as you progress, starting with level one. Each time you progress through a level, the number of paylines increases. Here are the layouts that you can expect throughout each of the levels:
- Level 1 and 2 – 3 x 1 layout
- Level 3 and 4 – 3 x 2 layout and 2 paylines
- Level 5 and 6 – 3 x 3 layout and 5 paylines
- Level 7 and 8 – 4 x 3 layout and 10 paylines
- Level 9 and 10 – 5 x 3 layout and 10 paylines
The symbols on the reels of this game are:
- Gold animal wild
- Treasure chest bonus
- Compass scatter
In the base game, the wild symbol is the highest value symbol on the reels and it will award up to 50x your bet for five in a winning combination. The maximum win available in this slot game is 3,000x your stake.
There are up to six special features in the Gerard’s Gambit slot game including a wild symbol, a level feature, a gamble feature, a respin feature, a bonus scatter feature and a free spins feature.
The wild symbol is the gold animal head and this will substitute for other symbols on the reels. This can help to form new winning combinations and potentially award larger prizes.
A key element of this slot game is the levels feature. As you progress through the game and work your way up through the levels, you will trigger more bonus features. This includes:
- Level 1 – base game
- Level 2 Egypt – wild symbols added to the reels
- Level 3 Mexico – respins feature plus sticky wilds
- Level 4 Greece – all previous level features plus more respins can trigger
- Level 5 India – all previous level features plus bonus scatter symbols can land on the second reel
- Level 6 Egypt – all previous level features plus free spin scatter symbols can land on the second reel
- Level 7 Mexico – all previous level features plus bonus scatters can land on the third reel
- Level 8 Greece – all previous level features plus free spins scatter can land on the third reel and sticky wilds appear in the free spins
- Level 9 India – all previous level features plus bonus scatter symbols can land on the fourth reel
- Level 10 Egypt – all previous level features plus expanding wild symbols
From level 3, there is the chance to land two wild symbols which will trigger a respin. During this feature, wilds are sticky wilds. Then from Level 4, additional wild symbols can retrigger respins.
The free spin scatter symbols will trigger the free spins round on levels 6, 8 and 10. As you climb through the levels, the more scatters you will need to trigger the free spins. Players will be awarded five free spins but an additional free spins is available for every extra scatter symbol that landed on the triggering spin.
In levels 5, 7 and 9, the bonus scatter symbol can land to award more win multipliers:
- Level 5 – one scatter can award a 20x multiplier
- Level 7 – two scatters can award a 60x multiplier
- Level 9 – three scatters can award a 100x multiplier
Lastly, we have the gamble feature. After a winning spin, there are three gamble features available if you want to opt for any of them:
- Multiplier wheel – spin the multiplier wheel to potentially get up to 10x your win
- Hi-Lo – guess if the unturned card is higher or lower than your current one to double your winnings
- Coin flip – simply choose heads or tails to try and double your win
Graphics and Sounds
Play‘n GO has excelled with the graphics in the Gerard’s Gambit slot game. The game follows Gerard Wilde, who is indeed a relative of the famous Rich Wilde and his series of slot games, as he travels around the world seeking treasure.
As you play in different levels and features, the backdrop will change to reflect various locations such as Gerard’s home where he is planning his trip, a pyramid in Egypt, a colosseum in Greece and so on.
On the reels, the low value symbols are your standard playing card symbols while the high value symbols include backpacks, books, compasses and, of course, Gerard himself. The music that plays throughout the game is epic and adds to the overall atmosphere of the game as it changes with each location that your visit with Gerard.
The Rich Wilde series of slot games are massively popular and Play‘n GO have done an even better job with this spin-off Gerard’s Gambit. We love the graphics with the various location settings and the structure of the reels changing through the levels makes this slot game truly unique. It is also great to see a wide range of bonus features present throughout the various rounds and players will especially enjoy the levels feature and the free spins feature. Although it does not offer the largest max wins at just 3,000x your stake, it still provides great gameplay and something different to other slots on the market.
You can check out the Gerard’s Gambit slot at a Which Bingo recommended online casino.
Jennifer is a writer with over five years of experience in the online casino industry. She has a First Class Honours in Media and Journalism and specialises in writing online casino reviews, slot reviews and gambling news content. Digital marketing, SEO and public relations are also other areas of interest for Jennifer and she has worked across these industries before setting up her own content company.