Jammin’ Jars Slot Review
Since its release in 2018, Push Gaming’s Jammin’ Jars has proven to be a hugely popular slot thanks its fun theme, bright and bold design, and electrifying quick gameplay.
Set on an 8 x 8 gird, Jammin’ Jars is a cluster pays game, which means there is always something happening on the reels, and you can pick up multiple wins from a single spin. The game is located in a classic 70’ style disco populated by fruit symbols and dancing jars, giving it a very lighthearted feel, but Jammin’ Jars still has plenty of features that will appeal to serious slots players. With Wild and Scatter symbols, a Free Spins Bonus Feature, and a randomly activated Rainbow Feature, Jammin’ Jars is a high volatility game where the action never stops.
If you fancy getting on down with Jammin’ Jars, you can check it out at any of our featured UK online casinos.
How to play
Jammin’ Jars is an 8 reel, 8 row cluster pays slot game, where wins are paid when you hit 5 or more matching symbols that are touching vertically and/or horizontally. When you hit a winning combination, those symbols collapse and disappear from the reels, and new symbols cascade down to take their place, potentially producing new winning combinations. Wagers range in size from £0.20 to £100.
- Jam Jar symbol is the Scatter
- Hitting 3 or more Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels triggers the Free Spins Bonus Feature
- Jam Jar is also the Wild symbol and substitutes for all other symbols
- If a Jam Jar symbol contributes to a cluster win, it will move to an adjacent vacant position before the collapse occurs. Then during the collapse, and while symbols in the win disappear from the reels, all of the Jar Jam symbols become sticky and remain in place.
- Each Jam Jar symbol comes with a multiplier. It starts at 1x, and each time it is involved in a cluster win, the multiplier increases by one (up to a maximum of 49x).
- Hitting 25+ Strawberry symbols = 100x total bet (up to £10,000)
- Hitting 25+ Orange symbols = 62.5x total bet (up to £6,250)
- Hitting 25+ Raspberry symbols = 37.5x total bet (up to £3,750)
- Hitting 25+ Apple symbols = 25x total bet (up to £2,500)
- Hitting 25+ Plum symbols = 25x total bet (up to £2,500)
- Hitting 25+ Blueberry symbols = 10x total bet (up to £1,000)
The highest potential jackpot win on Jammin’ Jars is £1,999.850 when betting the maximum coin size.
It is a high volatility slot game where the RTP ranges between 96.83% and 94.25%, depending on where you play (the available RTP will always be displayed when the game is loading).
Free Spins Bonus Feature
The Free Spins Bonus Feature is triggered by hitting 3 or more Jam Jar symbols anywhere on the reels.
You are automatically awarded 6 free spins, during which all of the base plat features are included, and additional free spins can be awarded.
The Rainbow Feature is randomly activated during base play after a non-winning spin.
Giant fruit symbols appear on the reels, and all of the symbols they cover are then transformed into that symbol, increasing the potential for big wins.
Graphics and Sounds
Dancing jam jars and an old school disco seem at first glance to be a pretty odd theme for a slot game, but it actually works really well. The bright neon background has a classic 70s look, while the fruit symbols (strawberry, apple, raspberry, etc.) are all reminiscent of the first land-based slot games, so the overall look and feel is quite retro, but with a modern spin.
There is a fast-paced, funky soundtrack which contributes to the overall old school disco feel, and perfectly matches the quick-fire gameplay throughout.
Jammin’ Jars is a fast-moving slot game where there is always something going on. The appeal of cluster pay games is the way that they seem never to stop, so that you have the chance to win more than once on every spin. Although Jammin’ Jars has an intentionally retro look, it has some very new and innovative gameplay features as well, in particular the combined Wild/Scatter symbol that moves around the reels and comes with a multiplier that can potentially reach 49x. The randomly triggered Rainbow Feature also adds to the action, while the graphics and visuals are of the highest quality, as we have come to expect from Push Gaming.
This is a great game for anyone who wants fast paced slots action, and so we recommend you check it out at any of the UK online slots that we feature here.
Mark Angus is a professional writer and editor currently based in Adelaide and London. Mark writes on a variety of sports betting and gaming topics, most notably football and cricket (he has been a season ticket holder at Fulham for far too many years), as well as horse racing, in particular jumps racing. In addition, Mark produces website content, blogs and articles for a variety of publications, organisations and businesses, and has extensive experience in writing for all forms of online, print and broadcast media.