Cash’n Cannons Slot Review
Cash’n Cannons slot game demonstrates what it is that Mutuel Play does particularly well — it has a way of doing familiar things differently. Set in a world of fantasy warfare that most slot players will be familiar with (and not a million miles away from The Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones), the characters nevertheless manage to be distinctive and add a unique quality to the game.
Likewise, one of the central features of the gameplay is a cascading or falling reels feature, but once again it is done with a twist that makes it stand out from other similar games. Like most Mutuel Play slot games, there is also a good range of coin sizes, making it accessible for all, including high rollers.
The game design and the gameplay features mean Cash’n Cannons has widespread appeal, and you can find out what makes it such a popular game to play at our recommended UK slot sites.
How to play
Cash’n Cannons is a 5-reel, 3 row video slot with 25 fixed paylines automatically in play on each spin. Coins range in size from £0.01 to £10, so the minimum bet is £0.25, with a maximum wager of £250 per spin. All wins pay left to right, and are multiples of the line bet.
The game has a cascade feature, where selected symbols can randomly clear away other symbols off the reels in predetermined patterns, with additional symbols then cascading down from above to replace them, creating the potential for multiple wins from a single spin.
- Cash’n Cannons symbol is wild and substitutes for all other symbols, except the Magic Potion Free Spins symbol
- Hitting 5x Cash’n Cannons wild symbols = 5,000 x line bet (up to £50,000)
- Hitting 3x, 4x or 5x Magic Potion Free Spins symbols triggers the Free Spins Bonus Feature
- Skeleton symbol clears all other symbols off the reels, except the wild symbol
- Hitting 5x Skeleton symbols = 1,000 x line bet (up to £10,000)
- Archer symbol can randomly clear symbols off the reels on the same diagonal, except the wild symbol
- Hitting 5x Archer symbols = 500 x line bet (up to £5,000)
- Gladiator symbol can randomly clear adjacent symbols off the reels, except the wild symbol
- Hitting 5x Gladiator symbols = 300 x line bet (up to £3,000)
- Hitting 5x Dwarf symbols = 250 x line bet (up to £2,500)
- Hitting 5x Wizard symbols = 200 x line bet (up to £2,000)
- Cannons located around the reels can randomly clear symbols off the same reel or same row, except the wild symbol
The maximum jackpot that can be won on Cash’n Cannons is £200,000 for hitting 5x Cash’n Cannons wild symbols during the free spins round with the 4x multiplier is in play and when betting the max. During base play, hitting 5x Cash’n Cannons wild symbols when betting the max pays £50,000.
Overall, Cash’n Cannons is a high volatility slot with a 95.01% RTP.
Free Spins Bonus Feature
The Free Spins Bonus Feature is triggered by hitting 3x, 4x or 5x Free Spin symbols, with the number of free spins awarded depending on how many symbols activate the feature:
- Hitting 3x Free Spins symbols = 8 free spins with 2x multiplier
- Hitting 4x Free Spins symbols = 12 free spins with 3x multiplier
- Hitting 5x Free Spins symbols = 16 free spins with 4x multiplier
Additional free spins can be won during the bonus round, with no cap, while the random cascade feature is activated more frequently than during base play, further increasing the payout opportunities.
Graphics and Sounds
This game takes popular slot game settings and themes and reinvigorates them through high quality design and music. The overall setting is one which will be familiar to those who enjoy fantasy/medieval style games, so if you are a Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings devotee, you’re bound to enjoy Cash’n Cannons. You’ll also recognise character symbols like the wizard, the archer and the warrior dwarf. The layout of the reels gives a bird’s eye view of a castle, which is an unusual perspective, with cannons on the parapets that come into play and blast away symbols as part of the cascade feature.
A standout feature of the game is the dramatic, lush cinematic soundtrack, while an added highlight is the way the rotating reels sound as if they are made of wood, which adds to the overall aesthetic.
Cash’n Cannons manages to do two things simultaneously — it offers a familiar theme and popular gameplay features, but in such a way that you can still enjoy a unique playing experience. Most notable is the variation on the cascading reels feature, where characters and the cannons that form part of the reels activate this randomly, rather than it happening on every winning spin as is the case with other games. There are also other opportunities for large payouts in this high volatility game, particularly with 2x, 3x or 4x multipliers in play during the free spins round.
For anyone who enjoys slots set in the worlds of JRR Tolkien or George RR Martin, or games with special features that are lucrative but aren’t all consuming and don’t slow down the gameplay too much, then Cash’n Cannons is a slot we would definitely recommend. You can check it out for yourself and play for real money at our featured UK slot sites.
Mark Angus is a professional writer and editor currently based in Adelaide and London. Mark writes on a variety of sports betting and gaming topics, most notably football and cricket (he has been a season ticket holder at Fulham for far too many years), as well as horse racing, in particular jumps racing. In addition, Mark produces website content, blogs and articles for a variety of publications, organisations and businesses, and has extensive experience in writing for all forms of online, print and broadcast media.