Using Neosurf at online casinos
To find the nearest shop, just go to Neosurf’s website and just select your country and location and all the points of sales will pop up on the interactive map. In the UK, you can find them at many shops that let you top up your phone or pay your bills. It’s also widely available in European countries like Belgium and Switzerland, Canada and especially popular with Australian online casinos. If you’re familiar with Paysafe, then you’ll find Neosurf to be very similar.
Neosurf vouchers start at £10 (or equivalent in local currencies) and can go up to £200. It works like other prepaid vouchers in that once you pay for it, you can scratch off the protective strip on the back to reveal the PIN code. Enter that PIN whenever you want to go shopping or make a deposit at a Neosurf casino. If you already have a Neosurf card on hand, here are some of our recommended Neosurf casinos for you:
The advantages and disadvantages of using Neosurf
- Completely anonymous –Since it’s a prepaid voucher, it’s not much different from buying milk at the supermarket. In fact, you could even buy them both at the same time. Your banking information isn’t tied to Neosurf PIN code so it will never be exposed to the casino when you make your deposit.
- Don’t need a debit card – Some of us don’t have a debit card or online banking set up. By using a prepaid voucher that you buy at your local shop, you don’t have to worry about any of those things. If you want to be extreme, you don’t even need a bank account and could just pay for it in cash with the pennies sitting in the jar.
- No sign up process – Once you’ve bought your Neosurf voucher, you can use that PIN code to pay online right away. You don’t have to enter any information to register for an e-wallet or type in your ridiculously long IBAN number.
- No casino withdrawals – It’s not possible to withdraw your casino winnings with Neosurf. Or with most prepaid vouchers for that matter, because it’s a measure against money laundering. This is perhaps the biggest downside to Neosurf.
- Must go out to buy voucher – At some point, you may have to leave the comfort of your home to buy the voucher, which means you also need to bear in mind the opening hours of your closest Neosurf retailer.
Banking with Neosurf
Still not sure if you want to bank with Neosurf at online casinos? Here’re more info to help you decide.
Deposit and withdrawal times
Once you have a Neosurf code, depositing at online casinos is a breeze. Just punch in the numbers and your account will be loaded up so you can go crazy with all those slots immediately.
Withdrawals are slightly more complicated. Most online casinos won’t let you withdraw to Neosurf, or any prepaid card such as Paysafe. This is an anti-fraud and money laundering measure. Admittedly it’s a pain in the behind, but these kinds of regulations is what makes the world a safer place.
Most online casinos do stipulate that you should use the same payment method for deposits and withdrawals, but if you use a prepaid voucher to deposit they will normally send you your winnings via a bank transfer or cheque. Processing times will vary by casino, your bank and location, but you should expect it to take around a work week and in some cases longer.
Ease of opening an account
Technically, as long as you have your Neosurf PIN you won’t need to sign up for an account. However, you do have the option to do so and this will help you keep track of the balance left on the voucher. The sign up process is simple, although you will have to enter some personal information such as your name, email address and date of birth.
Zero. What you buy is exactly what you get because Neosurf has no fees at all. There is one very small exception and that’s when you still have money left in your balance after 12 months, Neosurf will charge a £2 inactivity fee. If you decide you simply can’t use up the remaining balance on your Neosurf and want that amount refunded there is a 6% service fee.
Our final thoughts
Neosurf definitely has a place in the online gaming world. It comes with all the benefits of a prepaid voucher and those who don’t have a debit card or who are simply uncomfortable with typing that information online will appreciate the level of anonymity that Neosurf provides. There is one major drawback though and that’s you can’t withdraw you casino winnings with it and when the time comes to cashout, you will have to choose another method such as a bank transfer. Nonetheless, this can be a fine choice if you don’t mind the slightly longer wait on withdrawal. If you’re ready, then check out the Neosurf casinos on this page that we can wholeheartedly recommend!
Author And Managing Editor
Anita is well-known and respected within the online bingo industry, she loves all things bingo and slots and has been involved with online bingo and gambling sites since the late 1990’s. She has been the full-time writer and Editor of WhichBingo for much of that time and is respected by operators and players alike for her no-nonsense judgments and opinions. Anita has seen the highs and lows of the industry she loves, has seen it grow and develop and contract again into what it is today. She has worked with the biggest names in the industry and has a reputation for being fair and to the point in her writing.