Blueprint Software Review And What It Has To Offer
The team has also been rolling out some really exciting online video slots in the past couple of years too.
They’re known for their sense of adventure, developing funky games and adding new formats that take players way beyond the usual 5 reel 3 row video slot format. In addition to video slots, they also make progressive jackpot games and have also signed a partnership with Big Time Gaming to deploy the super hot Megaways mechanism on some of their games.
On this page, our editorial staff will take you through some of the best Blueprint games there are, their strengths and their weaknesses as a software developer, and everything you could possibly want to know about them. Of course, we can also recommend a few top Blueprint Gaming casino sites where you can start playing their slots now!
Who is Blueprint Gaming?
Blueprint Gaming is a British gaming studio that was incorporated in March 2001, and it immediately caught the attention of the German Gauselmann Group, one of the most prolific real money game publishers in Europe that services both online and offline gaming terminals.
In 2008, Gauselmann bought a 50% controlling share in Blueprint Gaming. Under Gauselmann’s ownership, Blueprint has managed to flourish with office expansions in the UK and the Philippines, with the UK office taking most lead design decisions and most of the programming done in the Makati office in Manila. During all this time, Blueprint has retained its unique flair in games that players simply love, whether it’s just a straightforward fruit machine or something that busts out all the moves and bonus features. Some of Blueprint Gaming slots include Ted, Worms and Winstar.
To expand its offerings, Blueprint has also signed partnerships with other developers and online betting and gaming groups. Some of their partners include Big Time Gaming, Inspired Gaming, Games Warehouse, the Gala Coral Group and Konami. Their games can be found at many fine online casinos, as well as in gaming terminals at local pubs and casinos. In Germany, Blueprint also has presence in the Amusement with Prizes (AWP) arena, and in Italy in the video lottery terminal industry.
Blueprint Gaming Sites
As Blueprint is a game developer rather than a full on software provider, you will usually find Blueprint games in casinos that offer a range of titles from various developers. There are loads of slot sites that carry Blueprint games and many of them are instant-play and mobile ready, although some are definitely better than others. We’ve gone through them to come up with this list of our favourite Blueprint Gaming casinos, based on their reputation among players, the various promotions they offer, and of course the games they have too! All these sites are licensed for UK players and beyond.
The hots and nots of Blueprint Gaming
- Licences from several authorities – Blueprint Gaming slots hold licences from the Uk Gambling Commission and the Alderney Gambling Control Commission. This means that it’s legal for players in UK, Europe and other countries to play here.
- Fantastic variety of slots – Blueprint really understands the reels and its games are excellent across the spectrum from fruit machines to wild video slots. The one armed bandit may be a simple looking machine, but Blueprint knows how to spice the gameplay up even with the barebones of a classic slot. If you like your reels to really push the envelope with a whackload of bonus features, there are also a good handful of choices with Blueprint.
- Progressive Jackpots – In addition to video slots, Blueprint also has a solid choice of progressive jackpot games with handsome fortunes to be won. They’ve really paid attention in developing an engaging gameplay so that even when you don’t become a millionaire you can still have a jolly good time. For those who like to play their reels more ambitiously, it’s always welcome to have an alternative from the usual Mega Moolah game.
- Limited to slots – If you’re looking for bingo, table games and live dealers, Blueprint Gaming is not going to be able to help. These guys are focused on slots only. You could say it’s a disadvantage, but sometimes the world does need geeks that only do what they love. There are enough others doing the rest.
- Some slots look old – We have to say while the newer games now sport gorgeous designs, some of the older games do have a more dated feeling about their graphics. But this is just skin level and if you throw in a coin you’ll discover the game play can be riveting.
- No proprietary casino – Blueprint Gaming is a game developer and not a full-fledged software provider, which means you won’t find exclusively Blueprint Gaming casinos per se, but rather online casinos that host their games. But again, this is not a big deal as the company just focuses on what it does best, rather than diluting its efforts.
Blueprint Gaming Slots
So let’s get down to business. We know Blueprint is famous for its slots, but which are its best and most popular games? Here are our editorial team’s top five Blueprint slots:
Yes, the infamous Ted slot. That same irreverent teddy bear from the blockbuster movie, Ted. On this 5 reel 20 payline slot, you can expect live action as Ted will spring to life among coke (the kind you drink), blonds, beer and angry ducks to activate some of the bonus features. Beyond great entertainment is a top prize of 250,000x your bet.
You might or might not remember the Worms video game that was a massive hit on the Game Boy in the 90s. Well now you can enjoy it as a progressive jackpot slot. This 5 reel 20 payline game is packed with features like the Super Sheep Free Spins, Banana Bombs Wilds, the Battleground Bonus and more. This is a wicked game that simply shouldn’t be missed.
Another computer game inspired slot, Zuma will take you to the mysteries of an unspecified Latin American civilisation of yore with Tiki masks and frogs. It’s a simple game with a free spins and gamble feature. The top prize is relatively modest at 1,000 coins, but has a fairly high RTP of 95.74%, meaning that the gameplay will pay out frequently and you’ll find yourself coming back for more.
Look, we know Winstar isn’t going to win any prizes for its visual design, but don’t be deceived by its rather chunky looks and bevelled font that screams of homemade flyers for raves in the 90s. The gameplay here is simple but magical. Unlike other slots, your wins don’t need to start from the leftmost reel and any 3 or more symbols will pay out. The golden star is your wild and when you get one, it will spin and convert adjacent symbols randomly which creates more opportunities. Enough said!
Legacy of Ra Megaways
Whoa, Megaways! Isn’t that Bonanza and Extra Chili and all that from Big Time Gaming? Yes, that’s correct and because Blueprint signed a deal with Big Time Gaming, you can now enjoy a gazillion ways-to-wins in Blueprint’s games too. Legacy of Ra is an Egypt themed slot and when the bonus feature is triggered, you’ll have an expanding symbol with your free spins. Sounds simple, but combine this with the Megaways and the experience is simply insane.
You can try these games for free in demo mode at most Blueprint casinos, but we are not big advocates of demo mode play. The whole point in playing slots is to experience the joy of winning cash. You just don’t get that with demo mode. There are enough casino bonuses around the sites we recommend that you can always play for real on some chips on the house.
Our final thoughts
Blueprint Gaming is a fine example of a UK developer that’s grown to worldwide attention. Now part of the German Gauselmann Gaming group, Blueprint’s games can be found at numerous online casinos as well as in land-based gaming terminals. Whether it’s your local pub or at the casino, chances are there’s a Blueprint slot spinning away.
This developer is famous for innovative slots, and Blueprint delivers excellence across the board from crazy video slots based on hit movies and popular computer games of the past, to ruggedly old school fruit machines with a twist that will have you gripping the edge of your seat.
These guys are completely focused on the reels and you won’t find them making other casino games. No bingo, no table games. While some may say that’s a bit of a limitation, we think that it’s always good to have some companies completely focused on what they love best. Plus who knows, maybe you’ll start seeing some wild and weird instant games from Blueprint one day. In the meantime, check out all the Blueprint Gaming slots at our recommended casinos!
Author And Contributing Editor
Anita is a well-known bingo-lover and has been involved with online bingo since the late 1990’s. She has been along for the ride and seen the industry grow and develop into what it is today. She has worked with the biggest names in the industry and has a reputation for being fair and to the point in her writing.