Gamesys Gaming Software Review And What It Has To Offer
Started as a small team of developers based in the UK, the company has now extended its reach to a global scale, accomplishing some impressive milestones.
At the end of 2021 Bally Corporation completed the purchase of Gamesys in full and in January 2022 the Bally name started to appear on games on Jackpotjoy, Double Bubble Bingo, Virgin Games and the rest of the Gamesys portfolio. Checks are under way to find out if Bally wants to keep the Gamesys identity or rebrand and rename it to Bally across the board.
Gamesys’ mission is to be the best gaming developer in the world to provide players with games that they love. Instead of just blindly believing what the company claims, our experts at WhichBingo take a close look at this veteran software developer including the quality of their games, track record, and the market response to their services. We’ll also let you know which are the best titles and where are the most trustworthy places to play them.
Who is Gamesys?
Gamesys established themselves in 2001, and the company’s first major venture was Jackpotjoy, an online gaming site that has developed into one of UK’s most recognised brands. Since then, the developer has reached many impressive breakthroughs including being the first company to launch real money games on Facebook in 2012. This shows that despite being in the market for close to two decades, the company is still continuously raising the bar and using its innovation to bring exciting new games to players.
Another testament to the quality of its services is the number of prestigious awards given to the developer and some of the most popular Gamesys sites around. For example, Gamesys was crowned the winner of “Innovation in Slots” at the 2013 EGR Operator Awards whereas Jackpotjoy, a Gamesys-powered site, took home the title “Best Innovation in Bingo” at the 2015 EGR Operator Awards. The EGR Awards is the Olympics of the online gaming world and winning a title is certainly no small feat!
The hots and nots of Gamesys
- A sophisticated and flexible online bingo platform – The software provider has developed many different types of online bingo titles with an exceptional in-game interface. Gamesys bingo site operators can add extra features to the standard games to customise their services, providing unique experiences for punters and making each Gamesys site very different from one another.
- Secure and licensed games – Every single Gamesys game has been rigorously audited by an independent third-party to be truly random and not rigged. As an eCOGRA certified member, you can rest assured that the games are safe, honest, and secure.
- A well-established UK provider – The company is based in London and has an excellent track record of over 15 years operating in the UK. Their exceptional credentials, history, and reputation make this developer a very trustworthy one, especially for players in the UK.
- Lack of non-bingo games – Although Gamesys provides an exemplary host of bingo games, its portfolio of slots and casino games are rather limited.
- Not as widely available as some other providers – Gamesys has established a solid and loyal following, but its games are still not as widely available as other providers like Microgaming or Dragonfish.
Our final thoughts
Compared to other huge bingo software providers, Gamesys is wonderfully unique when it comes to implementing a one-of-a-kind experience to players. Instead of supplying the same proprietary games, promotions, and site designs, operators on the Gamesys network look and work very differently from one another.
Although the Gamesys network is not as extensive as some other providers’, it’s evident that the company values quality over quantity. You’ll find that most Gamesys sites deliver a sterling gaming experience coupled with the highest standards of security. Therefore, if you value excellence over availability, you should take a look at one of our recommended Gamesys sites now.
Author And Managing Editor
Anita is well-known and respected within the online bingo industry, she loves all things bingo and slots and has been involved with online bingo and gambling sites since the late 1990’s. She has been the full-time writer and Editor of WhichBingo for much of that time and is respected by operators and players alike for her no-nonsense judgments and opinions. Anita has seen the highs and lows of the industry she loves, has seen it grow and develop and contract again into what it is today. She has worked with the biggest names in the industry and has a reputation for being fair and to the point in her writing.